Last night Apple released what is likely to be the last major update to the current version of many of its software platforms. Notable exceptions are iPadOS which has been separated from iOS for the first time and macOS.
According to Apple iOS 14.7 includes the following improvements and bug fixes for your iPhone:
– MagSafe Battery Pack support for iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Proand iPhone 12 Pro Max
– Apple Card Family adds the option to combine credit limits and share one co-owned account with an existing Apple Card user
– Home app adds the ability to manage timers on HomePod
– Air quality information is now available in Weather and Maps for Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, South Korea, and Spain
– Podcasts library allows you to choose to see all shows or only followed shows
– Share playlist menu option missing in Apple Music
– Dolby Atmos and Apple Music lossless audio playback may unexpectedly stop
– Battery service message that may have disappeared after reboot on some iPhone 11 models is restored
– Braille displays could show invalid information while composing Mail messages”
It should be noted that to update the software on HomePod devices you’ll need to navigate to the home app on your iPhone or iPad. You should see an automated prompt asking you to download and install the update. This is necessary to enable the new timer features introduced with iOS 14.7
Apple states that watchOS 7.6 includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes, including:
– Support for the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in 30 additional regions.
-Support for irregular heart rhythm notifications in 30 additional regions.
For a list of available regions for these features Apple direct you to visit: https://www.apple.com/watchos/feature-availability/
Apple does not provide detailed release notes for tvOS unfortunately and it looks like no major changes were introduced in this update. Instead it’s more likely that the tech giant has simply included bug fixes and security patches.
Featured image: Brett Jordan via Unsplash