Today Apple released the next generation versions of many of it’s major software platforms including audioOS. After a long beta testing period, the tech giant has made the software available as a free download to the public. You can find full release notes below with steps to install it. A full review will be published on AppleTLDR next week. Subscribe to get notified!
To install audioOS 15, simply navigate to the Home app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS/iPadOS 15 and tap on the home icon inside the app. Then tap on software update. Alternatively your HomePod will automatically install the update at its earliest oportunity.
Read below for Apple’s full release notes and a summary of all of the new features.
– Select a single or pair of HomePod mini as the default speakers for your Apple TV 4K for rich room-filling sound and clear dialogue.
– Media playback controls automatically appear on your iPhone’s Lock Screen when a HomePod mini playing music is nearby
– Set a lower bass level to enjoy music without disturbing the neighbors
– Ask Siri to turn on your Apple TV, start playing a favorite movie, and control playback while you watch
– Siri automatically adjusts its speaking level based on the room environment and volume of the user
– Ask Siri to control smart home devices at a specific time like turning off the lights in 10 minutes
– Extend access to HomePod throughout your home by enabling Siri voice control on compatible HomeKit accessories
– Support for package detection with HomeKit Secure Video
Featured image: Matt Birchler via Unsplash.