Today Apple released the next generation versions of many of it’s major software platforms including tvOS 15. After a long beta testing period, the tech giant has made the software available as a free download to the public. You can find full release notes below with steps to install it. A full review will be published on AppleTLDR next week. Subscribe to get notified!
To install tvOS 15, simply navigate to the settings app on your Apple TV and navigate to ’System’ and click on ’Check for software updates’. You’ll then need to follow some simple on screen prompts to install the update. During the update your Apple TV will be unusable and will restart a few times. This is normal and should take around 20 minutes.
Read below for Apple’s full release notes and a summary of all of the new features.
- For All of You: Browse a new row in the Apple TV app to find something that everyone in the house can’t wait to watch.
- Shared with You: Movies and shows shared through Messages appear in a new row in the Apple TV app.
- Spatial Audio: Listen with AirPods Pro or AirPods Max for a theater-like experience with sound that surrounds you.
- Smart AirPods routing: Get an automatic onscreen notification to magically connect your AirPods.
- HomeKit camera enhancements: View multiple cameras around the house at the same time on your Apple TV.
- Room-filling stereo sound: Pair two HomePod mini speakers with Apple TV 4K and enjoy rich, balanced sound for everything you watch.